Thursday, March 6, 2014

Hype

                           From the early hours of my day, until I lay my eyes to sleep. I can't help noticing overflow of advertisement post and commercial in our life basis, from the start of my day as head to nearest transportation, looking around post on top building, vehicles, business and streets. As the author Kalle Lasn states in the article "Hype" that there is an estimated 12 billion displayed ads every single day dumped into the North America 's collective unconscious. I must agree with author that advertisement are the most prevalent and toxic of the mental pollutants. There isn't a place to avoid it. Any opportunity they have to capture our attention, they will not hesitate to take it.
                       
                         As I head down the stairs to the subway station I look up and I see there screen for ads on the top of  subway station. Trains arrives and go in and look around and post are filled all over the train. I look in my smart phone to check on the time and notice new text messages and come to find out their ads commercial send to my phone. Its becoming very hard to avoid ads, its very irritating. We were becoming so materialistic, and our needs of what I recall "unnecessary items" have increased in so many levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment